Roxy went on her first ride - the carousel.
Just like last time Pippa LOVED driving the cars.
Just like last time Pippa loved going on the ladybug ride with J.
Pippa went on her first roller coaster! We're small - I'm waving and Pippa is just visible next to me.
Had to include this one because our friend's little girl (just behind us) has the best expression.
Pippa and J really do love each other.
Seriously, these friends are some of the best people in the world.
The girls napped in the car on the way home. Which meant when we got home and wanted to nap they wanted to play.
T fell asleep mid-puzzle.
We started the actual 4th of July with a church pancake breakfast at the park. Pippa pounded 3 pancakes and ran around with friends. I ate breakfast made by someone else (!) and made a new mom friend. T played with Pippa then after a bit took Roxy home to nap. After she woke he came back to help clean up. We were some of the first people there and were the very last to leave. Pippa was still having a great time when it was time to go home 3 hours after we arrived.
At the breakfast an empty nest couple from the ward had fliers for a pool party at their house - apparently they do this every year after the breakfast. The pool was the perfect temperature, the pulled pork sandwiches were divine, and the babies got super tired from all the splashing around and took great naps. Win-win-win.
A pool tossing photo! T tossing Pippa is kind of their thing. We have tossing photos in front of landmarks all over Europe (and a few here in the States, too).
4th of July matchy-matchy after swimming and naps.
Usually I don't let Pippa nap past 2:40, but on the 4th I let her nap until 3:30. I knew she wouldn't be ready for bed until around 9 (because she woke from her nap so late) and fireworks were scheduled to start at 9:10, so... I took Pippa to her first fireworks show while T stayed home with Roxy.
I didn't take any photos, but we met up with a bunch of ward members on the side of a hill. It was perfect to see fireworks and not deal with a parking mess. It was also great because we were far enough away that the booms weren't loud and scary. I brought a pack of glow bracelets which made us popular. There were two little girls there from Pippa's nursery class and those three girls had a great time together. I had Pippa on my lap against my chest, one girl on my shins (my legs were out) and another girl leaning against my arm. It was a good way to watch fireworks. Pippa wasn't scared and was completely entranced by the fireworks. "Very sparkly!" was her reaction.
I really enjoyed the fireworks, too. (You may or may not know that if we are ever ridiculously rich I want a professional fireworks show on my birthday! Fireworks are the best!) The last time I saw fireworks was the Washington DC 4th of July fireworks in 2012, so I was extra excited for fireworks this year. Hopefully in a few years Pippa will be able to handle sitting close enough that you feel the boom in your chest and feel the ash fall on your cheeks.

Sounds like a pretty near perfect weekend!
ReplyDelete