Saturday, June 12, 2010

You know. The one that goes like this...

One day a while ago (last fall)  I was driving alone in the car and heard this fantastic new song on the radio but never caught the name of it. I got home and tried to tell T about it.  I said, "Well, it starts with a ukulele and then later it says kaleidoscope. Do you know that one?"  Of course T had no idea what I was talking about.  Do you know which song I'm talking about?  A few days later we were in the car together and it came on...



We had a good laugh because even though it starts with a ukulele the song doesn't include the word kaleidoscope at all - though it does say collide...  We joke about "kaleidoscope" all the time now.  It's somewhat akin to "Start seeing motorcycles!" (an inside joke in S's family about seeing things that aren't actually there).  I think this music video is a bit lame.  The lead singer is corny and it is funny to watch the tough guy play the ukulele while his guitar is slung across his back...  But the song is pretty great, even if the music video isn't.


Also, I thought this Newsies / Lady Gaga "Bad Romance" mash up was awesome:

1 comment:

  1. Finally watched these two with sound. Awesome! I couldn't stop smiling watching the Newsies guys with such different music, and it fits!!

    ReplyDelete